Our collaboration and engagement with industry, community and academia underpins the Centre’s research activities and are critical to achieving our research outcomes. Please check this page regularly for opportunities to partner, work or study with us.
Digital Child Higher Degree Research scholarship
Please note: applications for this round have now closed. If you would like to be notified of upcoming scholarship opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the scholarship
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for students (PhD or Master of Philosophy/Master of Research) to undertake research at the Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for the Digital Child.
The Centre’s research innovates and intersects across fields of health, education and technology to offer a holistic view of young children and their digital experiences. Read more about our research programs.
We are seeking interest from students who wish to undertake a higher research degree that reflects the Centre’s transdisciplinary focus and aligns with one or more of our program themes: Healthy, Educated and Connected.
The scholarship is a unique opportunity for a student to be involved in research that will contribute to an innovative body of knowledge on children’s digital experiences, working with supervisors who are leaders in their field to develop their research practice.
The Centre is a collective of six Australian universities, led by Queensland University of Technology (QUT), with partners Curtin University, Deakin University, Edith Cowan University (ECU), The University of Queensland (UQ) and University of Wollongong (UOW). The candidate will be enrolled at one of these universities based on their primary supervisor’s university affiliation.
- Up to 16 scholarships are available across four partner universities – QUT, Curtin University, ECU and UQ. Scholarships at UOW and Deakin University will be advertised at a later date.
- Location will be dependent on the primary supervisor’s university affiliation. The Centre’s universities are located in Brisbane (QUT and UQ), Perth (Curtin University and ECU), Melbourne (Deakin University) and Wollongong (UOW).
- The scholarship can be undertaken on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Due to funding arrangements for the scholarship, applicants must be a domestic or international student currently located in Australia with study rights and available to commence studies in 2021.
- A scholarship, tax exempt and indexed annually, from $28,597 per annum for a period of 3 years will be provided to the successful applicant.
- Paid leave of four weeks per year is included in this amount.
How to apply
- Select your proposed primary supervisor. You can search for a Chief Investigator relevant to your research interest/s under our program themes: Healthy, Educated and/or Connected. Please note that Chief Investigators at UOW and Deakin University are not participating in this scholarship round.
- Email your proposed supervisor to indicate your intention to apply for the scholarship and seek their availability and interest.
- Complete and submit the Expression of Interest form by Friday 28 May, 2021.
What happens next?
This is a competitive process – all expressions of interest will be reviewed and assessed. If successful, you will then be invited to submit a full application at the university of your proposed supervisor.