Who we are
Our website address is www.digitalchild.org.au
This site uses Google Analytics to gather statistics about how our web content is used, and statistics about our visitors such as their browsers and geographic location. No personally identifying information is collected.
The information collected includes:
- how visitors arrived at our pages (e.g. directly from a bookmark or typing in an address; from a search engine; linked from another page)
- which pages are viewed and for how long, including the viewing time and date
- the general geographical locations of visitors (as indicated by the network or internet service provider they use) and the speed of their internet connections
- technical information about the computers or devices used to browse pages, including the operating systems, browsers, plug-ins, screen types and default languages.
To opt out of analytics, you can download a browser add-on from Google. Alternatively, you can set your browser to refuse or delete cookies from Google Analytics. Check your browser’s help information to find out how.
Cookies and other tracking
There may be additional cookies and tracking in some sites and systems for the purposes of:
- creating anonymous usage statistics and analytics for the site or system
- managing transactions across multiple pages
- authenticating you to systems and keeping you logged in
- remembering your preferences for a system, such as text size
Some web pages may also contain embedded content from external sites, such as videos, audio, slideshows, maps, forms, surveys and social media. This content may contain cookies from the originating site. Please refer to the original site for their privacy policies.
If you wish, you can set your browser to refuse or delete these cookies. Check your browser’s help information to find out how.
When you send us an email via our contact form, we may use the information you submit in the form to reply to your query and for future correspondence related to your query. We will only store your information for the purposes of future correspondence related to your query. We will not use your email address or details to send you unsolicited messages or information, nor will we share it with or sell it to anyone else for such use.
When you subscribe to our mailing list via our subscription form, we will store your information to a database to send you newsletters by email. We will only store your information for the purposes of sending you Centre news and updates via email. We will not use your email address or details to send you unsolicited messages or information, nor will we share it with or sell it to anyone else for such use. You can opt-out of the mailing list at any time here.
The Centre does not warrant or represent the accuracy, currency and completeness of any information or material available on its website. We reserve the right to change information or material on the website at any time without notice.
It is the user’s responsibility to consult directly with the Centre to confirm the accuracy, currency and completeness of information found on the site, particularly before acting in reliance upon such information.
Web links from this site to external websites should not be construed as implying any relationship with and/or endorsement of the external site or its content by the Centre, nor any commercial or other relationship with the owners of such site.